203% increase in hub site visits
Mydestination.com is the business hub of a network of franchised local travel guide websites run by local experts. Following the migration of the individual local guides under the mydestination.com umbrella, our objectives were to enhance and develop content within the hub site.
Working with bigmouthmedia (now DigitasLBi) and the Mydestination creative team, I led the redesign of mydestinationinfo.com (now www.myguide-network.com). The objectives of the redesign were to:
- Showcase my destination's travel credentials and expertise
- Convey the breadth of travel info available
- Communicate guide benefits to prospective franchisees and local businesses
- Increase traffic to the hub site
- Create clear paths from the hub site to local and niche content
I delivered the following activities to support the MyDestination development team in the creation of a user friendly and search engine optimised website:
- Project definition and user research
- Website structure and navigation architecture
- Optimised wireframe designs
- Content strategy and copy brief
- Testing new design concepts
The project was completed on time and within budget.
Following the redesign mydestination.com saw a 203% increase in hub site traffic (90% increase in organic) and a 12% increase in referrals to individual local guides.
If you have a project you need help with, get in touch.